We love having people join us who are passionate about helping kids in Western Australia get more out of their education. We welcome families, students, youth groups, school groups and corporate volunteer days. To find out more, or book a session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering as a family is a great way to start a discussion about helping others and sharing a great experience together. We recommend ages 8+ as younger kids get bored and easily distracted. Mums, dads, aunts uncles, grandparents – everyone can find something fun to do. (All children under 15 must be accompanied by a supervising adult).
Give Write provides an excellent opportunity for students to build up their community hours, or just to find a great way to help others. They can run a school or community donation drive, or join us in our office for a volunteering session.
School and Youth Groups
School groups can be accommodated for a varied day of activities, whether their focus is on the importance of recycling, or concentrating on a community project for helping those less fortunate – or both! We can arrange sessions during school hours for Year 5’s and above.
We have excellent facilities for hosting Corporate Volunteering days, and offer a modern, bright office in Subiaco, a great outdoor area for breaks, tea and coffee facilities and varied, fun activities. (There is a small charge associated with Corporate days to assist us in covering costs).
There are many areas where you you may choose to help us;
- Sorting and Packing
- Based in our office in Subiaco, this involves sorting donations, cleaning stationery, sharpening pencils, testing textas and packing Give Write School Packs.
- Running your own Donation Drive
- We can support you with our Project Plan, Information Sheet and promotional flyers to get you underway. Find out more here
- Having a Gold Coin Donation Day at your school or office
- All funds raised go directly to helping Give Write put our Packs together and get them delivered, and are tax deductible.
- Be a Bin Hero!
- Volunteer to maintain a Public Donation Bin in the community, including delivery, maintenance and emptying on a regular basis…simple but so helpful!